Welcome to Royal College; A Four Day workshop on “Induction & Competency Enhancement”
This four day workshop was organized for the new teachers, who joined the College on or after 01st January 2016, by the Old Royalists’ HR Professionals’ Association (ORHRPA), in collaboration with the Royal College Union. There has been 159 new additions to the College during the past two and half year period which is over 40% of its total teacher population.
The main objective of this session was to unleash the potential of the new teachers and to inculcate the Culture, Values and Traditions of the College in them, for a better delivery and to be better projected amongst the Royal fraternity.
The topics covered during this session, along with the respective resource persons were as follows ;
- Critical role of a teacher & expected standard of a Royal Teacher from a student’s (Old Boy’s) perspective : Mr. Ishan Dantanarayana – Chief People Officer, Brandix Group
- Is teaching a difficult task? Psychological aspects of teaching : Mr. Ajith Jayawardane – Education, Career & Psychological Counsellor, Writer, Lecturer, Speaker & Lawyer
- Leadership Lessons for Teachers : Admiral Thisara Samarasinghe – Former Navy Commander & Sri Lankan High Commissioner to Australia
- Royal Culture & Values : Mr. Abhaya Amaradasa – Former RCU Secretary, Former Deputy Chairman of ORGACO, General Manager -ANCL
- Teachers as Leaders : Prof. Ajantha Dharmasiri – Professor in Management, Director and Chairman of the Board of Management of PIM, Immediate Past President of IPM
- Planning Organizing and Communication Skills : Mr. Mifaz Ahamed – Senior Manager – Human Resource Development, Hemas Consumer Brands
- Profile of a Royal Teacher : Mr. Kottahewa Amaradasa, Former Assistant Principal of Royal College
- How to earn Respect : Mr. Rukmal de Silva (Ruki), Pathfinder & Chief Visionary Officer of 361 Degrees/Wild Drift
- Profile of a Royal Teacher : Dayaratne Hennayaka, Former Assistant Principal of Royal College