Royal College Union Email Address for RCU Life MembersMessage from Mr. Manju Ariyaratne, Secretary, RCU
I am pleased to announce that the RCU, with the kind support of Microsoft Corp., has created an individual email address for you, associated with the Royal College Union. This email address will better connect you with the RCU, Royal College and the rest of the Royal community. It will be your source of information and updates about activities and events within the community.
We have taken all steps to ensure that this email address can be managed as easily and conveniently as possible, allowing you to retrieve emails through any existing email account or device, or as your primary email address.
You receive free of charge these valuable services:
- Ten gigabytes of email storage space
- Twenty five gigabytes of online file storage space
- Microsoft’s Office Web Apps productivity software - online, fully-functioning versions of Microsoft Office applications
- Before 2359hrs (Sri Lanka Time) on 31st December 2011, please go to the web address http://emailsignup.rcu.lk
- Verify your identity by providing your unique username (please see below for instructions) and temporary password (see below).
- On the next pages, verify your information as presently known to the RCU, update as necessary, and provide any additional details
- Proceed to your email account, logging in with the same username and temporary password supplied in the enclosure. You will be asked to change your email password before logging out of your email account. This is an IMPORTANT security step you should follow without fail.
Congratulations! I trust this service will significantly improve your connectivity with the RCU and the wider world, and I look forward to a closer interaction between all members of the RCU community.
How to derive your Username:
Your username is derived by removing any intervening slashes and from your RCU membership number, which consists of the first letter of your surname, a four-digit sequence number assigned to you, and finally the letter “L” to denote your Life Membership status. E.g. A/0001/L or A/1/L are two common forms that the membership number of a member with surname starting with “A,” with sequence number 1, may have been assigned a membership number. The sequence number MUST consist of 4 digits; therefore prefix shorter numbers with zeroes, e.g.
- Member A/1/L’s username is A0001L (email address is email@example.com)
- Member B/222/L’s username is B0222L (email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Member C/1110/L’s username is C1110L (email address is email@example.com)
How to retrieve your Password:
If you are out of the country or have not received your login information by post, please contact the RCU at firstname.lastname@example.org or (+94) 11 5521491 (Mon-Fri 0830-1700hrs Sri Lanka Time). Please be prepared to provide the correct information corresponding to as many as possible of the following data items as currently known to the RCU.
- Surname with initials
- National ID number or passport number
- Home and/or work phone numbers disclosed to the RCU
- Home and/or work addresses disclosed to the RCU
- Employer (as disclosed to the RCU)
- Period during which you were at Royal College
- Class/Group at Royal College